Latest News Headlines

Gym-goers ‘rushed to save’ man who died after reported cardiac arrest


A 52-year-old man has died after reportedly struggling a cardiac arrest in a preferred metropolis centre fitness center, regardless of gym-goers teaming up in an effort to save him.

According to these coaching at Pure Gym within the Kingsway Centre in Newport metropolis centre yesterday night, the man died shortly after complaining of feeling unwell following coaching on a machine on the fitness center at round 11.30pm on Wednesday, July 21.

The man reportedly complained of feeling unwell to different fitness center customers, earlier than one different man stopped coaching to assist him “cool off” by fanning him with a towel.

Read extra: Police watchdog launches investigation into ‘use of pressure’ by officer after arrested man hit repeatedly with baton

Pure Gym in Newport’s Kingsway Centre, the place a man died late on Wednesday night following a reported cardiac arrest
(Image: Gareth Everett/Huw Evans Agency)

The man then went to the lavatory, and one other coach instructed of how he “had a gut instinct” that he wanted to comply with him.

“I just had a gut feeling something was wrong when I saw him head to the toilet,” the gym-user, who wished to stay nameless, stated. “As I came out of the toilet he was on the floor and kept repeating that he had chest pains and that he couldn’t breathe.

“We got him into the right position and called the emergency services. But he then lost consciousness and we knew how serious it was. Someone ran to get the defibrillator.”

The man stated within the occasion of an emergency trainers are directed to push an emergency button, which directs them to an operator.

He stated when he pushed the emergency button the individual who was on the decision directed the individuals within the fitness center to “man the doors” and never let anybody into the fitness center aside from emergency companies.

The view of the fitness center from exterior on Thursday, July 22
(Image: Gareth Everett/Huw Evans Agency)

One of the individuals coaching on the time stated: “It was one of the most difficult experiences of my life. But I’m really proud of what we did as a group. We tried everything.

“The gym was almost back to normal on Thursday morning, almost as if nothing had happened.”

A spokesman for the Welsh Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 11.41pm last night, Wednesday July 21, to the Pure Gym in Newport city centre to reports of a medical emergency. We sent two rapid response vehicles, one emergency ambulance and our emergency medical retrieval and transfer team. No further details are available.”

A spokesman for Gwent Police said: “We received a call from the Ambulance Service at 1.10am this morning (July 22), reporting the sudden death of a 52-year-old man at a gym in Newport city centre. There are no suspicious circumstances.”

To get the newest e-mail updates from WalesOnline click on right here.

Read More
Related Articles

Read More
Related Articles

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.