How to Move Your iTunes Library to a New Location
Change the place the iTunes info are saved.
- Select Music > Preferences when Music is open.
- Open Music. Click on the “Files” tab.
- Ensure that the selection to keep the Music Media folder organised is turned on. If it’s already checked, switch on to the next step.
- To change the place the media folder is, click on on Change. Your songs (or podcasts, motion pictures, and so forth.) are at current saved inside the folder that opens. You can change this place to anyplace you want.
- Choose the folder the place you want to retailer your media info, after which click on on OK.
Copy the music you already have to the model new place
- Select File > Library > Organize Library from the Music menu bar.
- Check the sector subsequent to Merge info, after which click on on OK.
- Once the entire residence home windows and prompts have gone away, you’ll have the opportunity to be sure that the knowledge have been copied to the model new location. Open the folder you chose in Step 4 and seek for the transferred media to make sure.
- You ought to see one factor referred to as “Music.”
- After you’ve moved your whole songs to the model new folder, you’ll have the opportunity to safely delete the outdated info.