KB5005101 is rolling out to Windows 10 21H1, v20H2 and version 2004 by way of Windows Update. For those that want to patch their methods with out connecting to Windows Update, Microsoft has additionally revealed the direct obtain hyperlinks for Windows 10 KB5005101 offline installers.
Windows 10 KB5005101 is an optionally available replace and you don’t have to put in it instantly by way of Windows Update. Like the earlier optionally available updates, it doesn’t embody safety fixes and Windows Update received’t set up it robotically. However, it comes with numerous stability fixes and different enhancements which can be included in September Patch Tuesday.
KB5005101 will advance your system to Windows 10 Build 19043.1202 if you happen to’re on version 21H1 (May 2021 Update). For these nonetheless on version 20H2, they’ll obtain the identical patch with Build 19042.1202. Likewise, version 2004 is getting Windows 11 Build 19041.1202 with the identical set of fixes.
This optionally available patch is a part of Windows 10’s August 2021 Patch cycle and it has addressed issues with Bluetooth A2DP connections. According to our checks, Microsoft has lastly addressed a difficulty that forestalls wi-fi headsets from connecting utilizing Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP), a function that allows assist for music playback.
On your gadgets, whenever you examine for updates right this moment, the next replace will seem in your display:
2021-08 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems (KB5005101)
2021-08 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5005101)
To obtain and set up Windows 10 Build 19043.1202, use these steps:
- Open Windows Settings web page by way of Search or Start menu.
- Navigate to the Updates & Security part of Settings.
- Tap on Windows Update.
- Select Check for updates.
- Click on “Download and install” underneath the optionally available updates part.
- Select “restart now” to finish the set up.
Download Links for Windows 10 KB5005101
Windows 10 KB5005101 Direct Download Links: 64-bit and 32-bit (x86).
Using Microsoft Update Catalog, you possibly can obtain Update Standalone Installer (.msu) recordsdata of the brand new updates. Pay shut consideration to the updates listed in the catalog and establish the proper version. Make certain that your version quantity and working system bit matches the one in the replace.
You can open Visit Settings > System > About on Windows 10 to view this info.
Click the Download button on the best facet and this may open a brand new window with a hyperlink to the .msu file. Copy and paste the .msu hyperlink in one other tab to obtain the replace. Double-click the replace bundle comply with the prompts to put in it.
Windows 10 KB5005101 (Build 19043.1202) Full Changelog
- Fixes Bluetooth connectivity issues.
- Fixes gradual or damaged Windows Update web page.
- Fixes a difficulty that resets syncing for OneDrive.
- Fixes a difficulty that impacts the copy-and-paste command in Office 36.
- Fixes a difficulty that impacts the soundness of the system.
Microsoft has fastened a difficulty that would block customers from accessing DCOM activation failures and one other bug that crashes the Windows Remote Management (WinRM) service. For enterprises, Microsoft patched a difficulty that crashes Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) supplier host course of.
Windows 10 Build 19043.1202 additionally consists of a number of bug fixes for shoppers. For instance, the tech large has fastened a difficulty that resets brightness for HDR screens whenever you stream commonplace dynamic vary (SDR) content material.
Another bug has been fastened the place the exterior monitor exhibits a black display after leaving the hibernation monitor. This downside has been noticed on PCs the place exterior screens are linked to a docking station. Windows 10’s bug that would forestall customers from minimizing app home windows has been fastened in this launch.
The patch additionally comes with these bug fixes:
- Microsoft has fastened a reminiscence leag bug brought on by VBScript.
- Microsoft has fastened issues with the out-of-box expertise (OOBE) means of Windows.
- Microsoft has fastened a difficulty that crashes apps when the system doesn’t haveedgegdi.dll put in.
- Microsoft has fastened a difficulty that would trigger your system to cease responding whenever you use contact enter, similar to a touchpad or touchscreen
As you possibly can see, Windows 10 Build 19043.1202 has fastened quite a few bug fixes. The firm has additionally fastened issues affecting Office 365, resized photographs, USB audio headsets, Authentication Mechanism Assurance, ShellHWDetection service, Windows Defender Exploit Protection, and extra.
Ahead of Windows 11 October launch, Microsoft has additionally enabled assist for a brand new Group Policy referred to as “Adds the “Target Product Version” coverage. By configuring this coverage, you possibly can specify the Windows launch you wish to stay on or migrate to. For instance, if you happen to’re not in Windows 11, you possibly can specify Windows 10 21H1 or 21H2.
Known issues in the most recent optionally available replace
Microsoft is presently conscious of the next identified issues in Build 19043.1202:
- A bug might have an effect on the function of the Japanese Input Method Editor (IME) whenever you enter Kanji characters.
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium) could possibly be lacking if you happen to reinstalled the working system utilizing customized offline media or customized ISO picture.
- Some gadgets can not apply these Windows Updates as a result of error message “PSFX_E_MATCHING_BINARY_MISSING”.
If you’ve found undocumented critical bugs in this patch, you possibly can at all times uninstall Windows Update utilizing Command Prompt or Settings app:
- Open Windows Update and click on ‘View update history.
- Click on the ‘Uninstall updates’ choice (out there in the top-left nook of the web page).
- In Control Panel, choose the replace you want to uninstall.
- Click on “Uninstall”.
Once performed, restart the system when prompted.